Drying clothes start house fire

Wet gear drying by the fire ignited, causing significant damage to a Fourth Street home.

506
Firefighters work on the Fourth Street home fire. Photo: Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services

A home in the 100 block of First Street East received extensive damage in a Saturday morning fire.

In a statement, Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services said that wet clothes drying near a fireplace in the basement ignited, starting the fire

The fire spread in the basement, causing damage. In a stroke of luck, the fire burst a water pipe in the basement, and the resulting water leak showered down on the fire, slowing its progress.

About 15 firefighters attended the scene and had it under control within an hour.

Comments

comments